Savatage Message Board
Policies and FAQ

Here is a brief explanation of the function and policies
on the Savatage Message Board.

Savatage Message Board Policies
(Rev 1 -- 4/23/98)

Due to the anonymous nature of the Message Board from time to time there is going to be pranksters that get their kicks from disturbing Savatage fans by posting information intended to aggravate or mislead them. The best method to combat these losers is to ignore them, they will soon lose interest and go away!!! Do not respond to them and continue the lame discussion further.

If you do run across one of these posts, reply to it using a subject of "Please Remove....". This will allow the moderators to quickly locate the messages that need to be removed. Once this Reply is done, no one else should reply to the message. Just ignore it, it will soon be gone anyway.

Tape trading amongst fans is encouraged, but do not post large trade lists to the message board. Post only a general statement of what types of material and a few examples of what is available. Exchange large trade lists via private e-mail. Please keep the frequency of these posts to less than once a month.

Small posts for commercial sources to Savatage Merchandise, are allowable only if the merchandise is legal and the post is short. Just a quick description of what is available for Savatage Fans, and how to find out more information. Please keep the frequency of these posts to less that one every two months.

Think before you post!!! Before you post think what benefit is my post adding to the content of the Message Board. If you can't think of any, may be you shouldn't post.

Personal attacks, flame wars, and vulgarity will not be tolerated. These messages will be removed by the Moderators.

Intelligent discussions on Savatage's Music, Lyrics, Members and related bands are encouraged.

Can I put HTML tags anywhere in my posts?

No. You can not use HTML tags in ANY field, only the body of the message can contain HTML. The maintainer of the script has the option of allowing or disallowing any HTML in the Message part of your posting. If they disallow it, the script will just throw out everything in <>'s. If they allow it, your HTML markup will appear in the posting.
Yes, posting of HTML in the body of the Message is currently allowed. If this privilege gets abused the privilege will be taken away. Carefully test your HTML before posting to the page, mistakes in the HTML will not be corrected.

Why didn't my post show up?

Your post most likely did not show up, because your browser did not reload the page, it simply pulled it out of cache. Please clibk on the reload/refresh button in your browser and your post should then be visible.

Why did my post show up twice?

Each time you click on the post button it will post you message. It sort of has a "hair trigger" so be carefull and only click on the post button once. If you "double posted" a moderator will eventually remove one of your posts.

Where can I get the scripts for this program?

The scripts are written in Perl and created by Matt Wright. They are free to anyone who wishes to use them and you can get them as well as other scripts at: http://worldwidemart.com/scripts/. Enjoy!

[an error occurred while processing this directive]