Re: Ayreon: another really awesome prog-metal band.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wyrdwad on November 24, 98 at 17:12:58:

In Reply to: Re: Ayreon: another really awesome prog-metal band. posted by Sander on November 24, 98 at 14:27:57:

Hmmm... yeah, I have all 3 Ayreon albums. Actual Fantasy is my least-favorite, but it has one of my favorite songs on it: Abbey of Synn. LOVE that song. (: Into the Electric Castle isn't everyone's thing, tho'... it's more designed to appeal to fans of sci-fi movies, or people who really like the music (I'm a little of both). Some of the songs on it are just plain beautiful, like Valley of the Queens and The Mirror Maze, and others are awesome rockers with killer riffs, like Across the Rainbow Bridge and The Two Gates. And others just plain sound cool, like Another Time Another Space and Amazing Flight. The Final Experiment is probably their best all-around album, tho'... it seems to be the most well-liked one, and with good reason.

Still, my fave is IEC. (:

I just wish they'd've made more than just that one piece of art, tho'... the art in the pamphlet is nice, but the cover/liner/CD art is REALLY REALLY COOL -- just a bit repetitive. (:

-Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]