Something like this done before...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wyrdwad on January 07, 99 at 19:44:40:

In Reply to: Re: Great Savatage Covers posted by Anna on January 06, 99 at 15:38:49:

I know you're probably all tired of hearing me talk about Ayreon, but just remember, the people on the Ayreon email list are probably also tired of hearing me talk about Savatage. (: I'd say I'm just as much a fan of both groups (altho' it's tough to classify Ayreon as a group...).

Anyway, back in '94 (?), Arjen Anthony Lucassen (the guy behind Ayreon) made an album of 100% covers of other songs from the 60s on, all rocked up a notch or two. I haven't heard the album yet, but it should be arriving in the mail any day now, and I've heard only good things about it -- and I can't wait to hear his versions of "Daydream Believer" and "I Am A Rock". (: Arjen did an odd thing, tho': nowhere on the CD, not in the liner notes nor in any ad for it, did he put his name. Nobody knew who was responsible for releasing this odd CD, entitled "Strange Hobby", until he came clean some while later. This actually succeeded in INCREASING his popularity among Dutch countries (which is really the only place Ayreon and Arjen are well-known), as everyone was formulating hypotheses as to who was responsible for the album, and as a result, more people bought it. (:

And when they finally found out, they decided to try out some of his other works, like "Ayreon: The Final Experiment", which came out a year later... (:

Perhaps Savatage could do something like this...

-Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]