AWWWWW yeah. (:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wyrdwad on January 15, 99 at 08:24:05:

In Reply to: Message to wyrdwad posted by Yvonne on January 15, 99 at 01:57:12:

I hate to say it, but I listen to IEC even more than Savatage anymore... Savatage is more emotional, barnone, but IEC is more what I'm in the mood for when I pop in a CD lately. I *love* the variety of music on it... my favorite tracks are "The Mirror Maze", "The Two Gates", "Across the Rainbow Bridge", "Isis and Osiris", "Valley of the Queens", "Another Time Another Space", and "Amazing Flight", and I'm also rather fond of "Garden of Emotions" and several others. (: It's because of IEC, too, that I ordered the "Strange Hobby" album, which is Arjen Lucassen's covers of a bunch of oldies and other songs that inspired him. I hear it sounds very much like the hippie sections of IEC, which are my favorite parts (:, so I just HAD to get it... that and I wanna hear his version of "Daydream Believer". (:

You should also check out Pendragon, an English band with a similar sound. Their newest non-live LP (they have a LOT of live albums and a LOT of singles), "The Masquerade Overture", is supposed to be EXCELLENT, and from the one-minute samples I've heard of it, IT IS... Paintbox sounds like one of the greatest songs ever. (:

Savatage is still my first choice, tho', merely because, while Ayreon and Pendragon have excellent music, their stuff doesn't have as much of an effect on me as Savatage music does... Savatage changed my life, and made me a better person. Their music will always be #1 in my heart.

-Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]