Re: What song :let us know.BLEX

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pinman on January 19, 99 at 12:37:56:

In Reply to: What song to choose to play for a colleg posted by Blex on January 18, 99 at 22:09:25:

Ah MAN you get to play Savatage in class!?!For an assignment!?! MAN I went to the wrong school.
One song that comes to my mind is "Not What You See". It is another powerful song containing complex vocal parts. Also the story behind it is also amazing. If they don't like the song they'd at least like the powerful story behind it. I think if you can get a discussion on this song going it will spread to talk about the whole CD (story) and then maybe you've just hooked a whole classroom of new fans. I'm sure it would spark their interest about the band in the very least.
Just a side note. I work for a tv station in Canada and I did a story on a group of kids on an exchange program from Bosnia and Sarajevo. I kept thinking of Dead Winter Dead, but I never got the chance to bring up the topic. I'm sure they would have found it fascinating.I listened to DWD that night and it took on a whole new meaning after meeting those kids. They were so wide eyed and friendly. I only got to spend an hour with them and it felt great. The other students got to spend a week and a half with them, That must have been a great experience learning about their lives.
Well you make sure to let us know what song you chose and how it went in class. Tell us about the discussion and their reaction to it OK? I'd like to know. see ya............. PINMAN

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]