Savatage Convention '99

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Imp on January 22, 99 at 09:04:30:

Ok...there has been alot of confusion between the convention and the Hard Rock Cafe meeting. These are two different things. Now, I was originally going to plan it in the NY area. But because of the response that I got on here, everyone wanted it to be FL. So, in the interest of the majority of fans, I opted to change it to FL. Now I'm seeing posts about people complaining about it being in FL. I would like to have it in September/October. But for this to happen everyone has to be happy on a location. So what should we go for? NY? FL? Somewhere else?

Remember, this convention is for the fans (well, and to honor the band too), BY the fans. So everyone has a say in the major details.

Now, for a little bit about it...I've contacted the management about the convention, so they are aware of it being planned. I've asked them to give me a call back for a SOLID date so I can give you all a good amount of time to save up. This is not an easy task as the band almost never knows what they are doing in the future until they are actually doing it. I have a couple of activities that I would like to see at the convention, and I welcome any other opinions. I'm gunna try to get a place where we can get the band to do a couple of songs for us...maybe just accoustic or something, we'll see as the time draws near. I'm also going to try to get a conference room in a hotel, so that you can all book your rooms at this hotel, and wont need transportation (except to the hotel and back to the airport if you need to fly in).

Remember, this won't happen unless I get a good response from the fans, so keep your suggestions coming!

Imp

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]