A few thoughts.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wyrdwad on January 23, 99 at 18:02:28:

In Reply to: Songs for a Wedding...HELP!!! posted by wyndie on January 23, 99 at 17:45:33:

First of all, congratulations!

My personal choice would be "This Is The Time"... it's a very happy and upbeat song with a lot of emotion behind it, and its lyrics can be taken out of context to reflect ANY time of joy in one's life. Plus, the soft part can be taken really romantically, and I hope one day to find a girlfriend whom I can kiss first to these lyrics: "This is the time, and this is the place, and these are the signs that we must embrace. The moment is now in all history, the time has arrived, and this is the one place to be."

If that's a no-go for you, there's also always the only TRUE romantic song Savatage has made... ever. (: "Not What You See". The only problem with that one is, it can't be taken out of context. It's very romantic, but it's a permanent part of the Dead Winter Dead story, and might confuse your wedding guests. (:

Besides that, Memory and Mozart and Madness might work, since they're instrumentals and based upon classical works... (geez, all of my choices are from DWD -- I assure you, that's very unintentional, but it makes me realize just what a great album DWD is!).

Anyway, I hope these choices help you make up your mind. I seriously think "This Is The Time" is your best bet... I want that to be played at MY wedding (whenever that may be) for the exact same reason you would: I want Savatage to be a part of my "special day". They're a part of my life, and that song has always struck me as one of their most beautiful since Summer's Rain back on Gutter Ballet...

Anyway, those be my two cents on the matter... good luck to you and your soon-to-be-husband, and may you have a lifetime of wedded bliss together! (Note: I'm assuming by the handle Wyndie that you're female [and straight, for that matter], but if that's not the case, please accept my apologies and exchange the word "husband" for "wife".)

-Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]