Blaze, Zak, Ripper, and so on...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gonzo on January 26, 99 at 09:47:11:

In Reply to: Re: Dickinson and Maiden?Dickinson is Ma posted by ''Taunting Cobras'' on January 25, 99 at 19:45:11:

Speaking for myself, I am fucking GLAD Maiden didn't get a Dickinon knock-off. I posted on the Fates board about this like three days ago. Whenever a band changes members, I think they owe it to themselves and to the fans to take advantage of that new guy's talents and do somehing they have never done before. In Fates' case I find it hard to believe that No Exit would have sounded as good as it does with John Arch, whose melodic style is almost impossible to get into. They would not have been able to do he goofball time changes on Perfect Symmetry wihb Steve Ziimmerman still on drums. As for Priest, they got a Halford sound-alike, and while he's good, he's NOT Halford and cannot get away with trying to be him. Juglator was good, but it was nothing they could not have done with Halford.
As for Savatage, do you seriously think they'd be as great as they've become with a Jon liva clone instead of Zak? That would have put some SERIOUS limitations on their music.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]