KING'S X show Tonight! ! EDMONTON

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eye On Ice on January 28, 99 at 19:07:04:

In Reply to: Re: KING'S X show Tonight! ! EDMONTON posted by Flyin' Brian on January 28, 99 at 08:55:38:

I saw BOC last summer it was a great show, but it saddened me in a way. They are so awesome and they were playing in this little bar called Cowboys. The crowd was perhaps about 200 people. I know they used to sell out places like Madison square gardens in their day. They all are still very talented. They had a new drummer Chuck Burghi (I think that's the spelling) He used to play with Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow. The one thing that bothered me was they tried to get the audience to do all the big arena chants they did on their live albums. In one song Buck screams out "ROCK AND......" and the audience is supposed to respond "R O L L! ! ! !" The crowd let out a pathetic "roll" It just didn't work very well. I don't know Canadians tend to be pretty laid back at concerts (unless it's PANTERA that crowd was insane)
We just mostly sit back and watch. Oh we love the music but I think a band really feeds off the energy from a rowdy audience.
Anyway BOC were great and it was a honor to see them live.
Oh yeah I did get to meet Kings X after all (at sound check) I'm getting ready to return to the REV to see the actual show. More on this later I gotta go KING's X awaits.See ya.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]