KING'S X WAS AMAZING.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eyes On Ice on January 29, 99 at 17:08:57:

I went to see Kings X last night here in Edmonton they were so great. The Galactic Cowboys opened for them.
I work for a local TV station and get this I got to interview both bands. Usually being in the TV biz we are supposed to be professionals and not fans, FUCK THAT I got a King's X cd autographed.I also attended KX's sound check. They were such nice guys.Usually TV folks say they'll come to the show later and they never do cause they are just blowin' smoke up the band ass, Well I went to the show that night. I was right at the front standing at Ty's feet. He is a great Guitarist. Doug Pinnik saw me by the stage and gave me the big thumbs up for comming. Wally from GCowboys came out into the crowd and jumped around awhile. I never knew much about G Cowboys but I'm a fan now! After Kings X was done I grabbed a song list taped to a monitor. I was so pleased with my trophy. When I read it I'm thinkin' gee they didn't do any of these songs. Turned out to be a G C set list intead, oh well.
The place was packed and the crowd was awesome. Most shows I've seen in Canadian Clubs are really tame which sucks! But every one was so into it jumping around havin' a ball. There were no stage divers or crowd surfers (that was nice). That used to be fun but I'm tired of that shit at concerts now, it's been done to death.
The band came out and did an extended encore. On the set list (I didn't grab) they were only supposed to do 2 songs but they did 5. We all didn't want that night to end. I waited 10 years to see them live and it was well worth the wait.
Rock On Eyes On Ice

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]