Album recommendation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Hollywood on January 31, 99 at 22:45:48:

Rainy day in L.A. today, so I headed to the record store and scoured through the bins for some new music (kinda like what I did when coming upon Savatage's Power of the Night album back in the 80's) and stumbled onto this one CD that had a little label saying that it was Maiden-like with duelling guitars. Hell, that's all I needed to see!

The album is by Entwined and is entitled Dancing Under Glass (1998 Earache Records...hehehe), and while the vocals don't produce the kind of sound I enjoy, they are made tolerable by the cool music (nice guitaring with some nice synth support) and fortunately the vocals aren't so harsh that they interfere with the listening end of it. The guy's voice kinda reminds me of that singer from The Clash (remember that punk group?) and the lyrics are relatively smooth but I haven't bothered to really hear them yet, because I'm more interested in the music--it's really very good! Sort of Industrial meets Progressive Metal, with a bit of old Helloween, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth thrown in, which makes it cooler than hell! Most of it is fairly copy-cat in places, and though it's unique (at least to me) it does tend to get old around the last two tracks (there are 9 total).

Man, if these guys got a real singer, they'd be incredible! Album production is inferior, IMO, when compared to big-name label's releases, and the music is SLIGHTLY drowned out and muffled by itelf at times, but most of it's pretty clear and defined. Lyrics and headshots of the band in the liner notes.

Check it out for the music. I think you'll like it.

NP: Entwined - Dancing Under Glass (been playing it all day)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]