Re: EXTREME METAL IS COOL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ... on February 01, 99 at 14:11:16:

In Reply to: Re: EXTREME METAL IS COOL posted by Tom V...in Norway on February 01, 99 at 04:26:10:

Tyr?? cool name. that's not his real name is it? if not What is his real name? did you go to school with him or something? Tyr is the name of a Black Sabbath album, which is named after...

Have you heard all the new material? it's better than "Anthems"?? cool!!!! thanks for the info

Have you ever met Samoth or Ihsahn? Ihsahn sounds like a smart guy. Samoth burned down a church or two. he's pretty cool I bet.

Yes I have heard that "Abigail" is the greatest! And I can't find it! arg

Carcass. Ok, basically their best album is Heartwork. It is the best death metal album there is. Mike Amott/Bill Steer are guitar gods and Ken Owen on drums is also quite interesting. The songs are melodic and heavy and very catchy riffs, but not cheesy. Jeff Walker is the vocalist, and I think he is a better DM singer than Chuck S. ..he's so good. he's perfect for the music. Anythin before Heartwork featured the whole band in shouted vocals, not just Jeff..and the lyrics were gore-oriented and the music pretty good. The album after Heartwork was Swansong, not as heavy as the old days, but still with Death metallish vocals from Walker. Still good stuff, but more "normal" than old Carcass. i suggest "Heartwork." it's necessary to live.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]