That was then this is now.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eyes on ice on February 04, 99 at 01:45:18:

In Reply to: Re: Dave Krebs - Savatage manager posted by Spunky on February 03, 99 at 13:49:31:

TWT TIN: Am I right? The music biz is so different now than it used to be. I don't think a label is going to send a band all over hells half acre if they didn't think they'd break even.Today they do all the demographics and all that shit. It is so much of a business nowadays and the music comes in a distant second, and that's fuk'd. I'm sure if you asked Aerosmith in the early years why they got into music it would be because they loved to play (and a good way to meet girls).It wasn't about the money.
Now you get record scum bags who prefabricate these lame ass bands (NKOTB, backstreet boys, 'NSYNC, spice girls ect.)People eat this shit up make some Fat Cat fatter and richer and when the well runs dry they toss 'em away and make another shit band for the sheep to follow. Don't believe me? where are NKOTB now? The same place the BS boys will be in two or three years. Not that I care where they are but it's just a sad side of this business that makes me sick.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]