Re: stop the rock operas and get down to business!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jency Naka on August 20, 98 at 22:55:13:

In Reply to: stop the rock operas and get down to business! posted by The Man on August 20, 98 at 13:38:32:

First off I totally disagree, What do you mean gimmick? Savatage has done well with the idea of concept albums and it is an addition to the boring ass stuff that floods the metal and rock scene. If you don't like a concept album then don't read the liner notes. IMHO there are four great concept albums or "Rock Opera" in no paticular order they are:Operation Mindcrime: Streets:TWOM : and The Wall.
I find it very comforting that a band has the balls to go out and do something against what the "media" wants. This media is made up of radio stations and record execs that find a band, sign them for a short contract, promote the hell out of them and hang them out to dry.
At least I can think of one band that has the intelligence and creativeness to write a whole story and set it to music. It's not very easy I have been workin on one for three years now.
What the hell difference does it make if the songs tie in together almost every song on TWOM tells a different story. The whole album is in fact three stories in one.
My hat goes off to Savatage who have shown their ability to survive through the changes of Rock, who STILL play on due to the untimely loss of a brother and a bandmate, and who still comes out on top in the face of adversity.
Please don't take this post as an attack it is just a simple opinion from a devoted fan of the band.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]