Hey Dude, I Respect Your Opinion, But I Still Beg To Differ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris in Houston on August 21, 98 at 13:49:50:

In Reply to: Savatage needs to learn how to rock again posted by The Man on August 21, 98 at 12:11:06:

I DO agree with you that HOR is a GREAT album; it was my first exposure to Savatage. And my personal opinion is "Chance" is the greatest rock song ever recorded. I also understand your reluctance to embrace DWD. It took me a year before it grabbed me. I didn't dislike it, but "This Is the Time" one day just ripped my soul out and now I like the album very much. Even TWOM took me a few listenings before I embraced it. Now I think TWOM is one of the true rock masterpieces.

It sounds like to me you miss the "old" Sava sound with less orchestra stuff and Jon singing. I DO respect that opinion. The old and new Savas are so different, it's amazing so many fans of the old gothic, Black Sabbath-esque sound have hung on through the incredible metamorphisis that has taken Savatage to their current sound. And I believe (there's that word again!!) as long as they stay together and Paul O'Neill continues to lend his creativity to the band, their sound will continue to evolve.

This is a lot longer than I intended, but I hope other Sava fans will respect this guy's opinion, even if they don't agree with it. He has expressed a strong opinion without being offensive. We probably need more of that on this board. Oh yeah, one other thing I agree with him on - I finally heard Dr. Butcher last weekend (thanks, Sava Ma!!) AND IT ROCKED MY ASS OFF!!! I already ordered a CD!!

Peace,
Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]