Re: Lame tour schedule

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris in Houston on August 21, 98 at 14:03:20:

In Reply to: Lame tour schedule posted by Rodney Munch on August 21, 98 at 09:53:51:

Hey dude - I totally agree with you that it would be nice to see the guys here in Texas. Dallas has one of the best venues for this type of show in Deep Ellum Live. I've seen Jackyl (couldn't hear for a week!!) and Dokken there.

Problem is, do you think Savatage could sell 1000 tix there?? I don't. And neither does the band's management. BTW, the band has very little to say about their tour schedule.

Houston's even worse!! I saw Boston at the Woodlands last summer and it wasn't sold out. I was the only one standing up during the show and people kept yelling for me to sit down!! How the fuck do you sit down to Foerplay" and "Long Time"?? I saw Slash's Blues Band in a VERY small club here last year. They couldn't even sell all 300 tix.

I'm a native Texan and I love it here, BUT TEXAS IS A HARD ROCK WASTELAND (I don't know how Pantera made it out of Dallas!!) and while commercially viable, mainstream bands like Metallica and Van Halen come here, less popular bands (by U.S. standards) like the 'Tage or Dream Theater don't come through here on a regular basis. Anyway, I don't like it, but I DO understand it. It's a business, brother, and I suspect TWOM is not selling well west of the Mississippi, so why tour there??

Peace,
Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]