Hm...I agree at some points.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom V...in Norway on August 21, 98 at 14:41:03:

In Reply to: stop the rock operas and get down to business! posted by The Man on August 20, 98 at 13:38:32:

Hey,
I must agree with you a little. Dont get me wrong, I love Sava and I think DWD and WOM are musical masterpieces, but I really miss a real "killer" album with real "Killer" tracks from Sava.
The last time I heard something like that from Sava, was probably on EOT, with songs like Carves and Damien. Maybe also a little on HOR (taunting cobras).
Streets is a rock-opera, but it's still very heavy. Lots of heavier than DWD I think.
I am really not into that text stuff. I read a lot of English books and speaks English pretty well, so it has nothing to do with language problems. It's just that I listen to metal mainly because of the SOUND you only find on metal records. Heavy guitars, massive drums etc. And Sava is a metal band.
Ballads are cool, but not when half the album sounds like a huge ballad, then it's get booring after 8-10 listenings I think.
But...Sava is the best metal band ever to write ballads, tumbs up fot that.

Just My Opinion and Take Care,
Tom V.

PS: DWD should have been a TSO album, and Dr.Butcher should have been Sava. That would be cool.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]