why savatage will probably never have a top ten album...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Damien B. Davis on August 21, 98 at 19:54:36:

their brand of music is too sophisticated for the average listener, I think. unfortunately, people would rather listen to "crank it out" pop and rap (crap). furthermore, Savatage's sound alienates your typical head banging beast because Savatage isn't trying to cram a million notes into every bar of music. It just goes to show, true genius is often misunderstood. does Mozart ring a bell? How about Concrete Blonde? hehe... they're another great band that doesn't get the due recognition they deserve. (for those of you who aren't familiar with their music I would recommend buying the cds "Bloodletting" or "Mexican Moon")

Anyway, the way Savatage combines heavy metal and classical music together is just so awesome. They are absolutely my favorite band because of this. I truely hope that I'm wrong about them not ever having a top 10 CD though... because I want Savatage to conquer the charts here in the states. is it just me, or is Savatage bigger in Europe, Japan, and South America than in the U.S.? In closing, I just want to say that I own every single Savatage Cd, and I will continue to support them as long as I live. That's what Savatage means to me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]