Re: TWOM...not Savatage's best

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony T on August 24, 98 at 05:24:13:

In Reply to: Re: TWOM...not Savatage's best posted by Tom Hollywood on August 23, 98 at 22:25:21:

With do respect to everyone's opinion I would like to put the foward the suggestion that you are possibly not getting what Savatage is all about. First of all I for one have heard very few people ever say anything but that Savatage never cease to amaze them with how they re-invent themselves from album to album without ever selling out. Great music, great lyrics, always unpredictbale. How many bands can you name in the arena of metal that are still relevant 17 years after they were formed let alone still on a magor label. Still relevant in EVERY MAGOR COUNTRY. Ice earth is an good band but they have a long way t o go before they would be in Savatage's league. Very few band's could perfrom Savatage's music , ( Chance , Silk and Steel, Prelude to Madness, Wake of Maggelan ) let alone write it. Having been a fan of metal for many years I could not help but notice that bands either grow or die. They are one of the few bands that afetr a burst of sucess do not keep tryingto remake the same album over and over. Granted that we all will have different favorirtes. Sometimes these favorites wil cahnge over time but trust me when Savatage stops exploring and changing, the odds are that people will slowly stop listening and they will slowly work their way down the chain of small independent labels. I apoluigise for going on so long here. Just my two cents.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]