Re: ANSWER: When They Start Selling A LOT Of CDs Somewhere Other Than The NE or Ohio

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flyin' Brian on September 06, 98 at 01:08:33:

In Reply to: ANSWER: When They Start Selling A LOT Of CDs Somewhere Other Than The NE or Ohio posted by Chris in Houston on September 05, 98 at 07:42:12:

While I understand that the music business is just that it doesn't make it any less frustrating when bands that I want to see don't tour where I can see them. It isn't only Savatage, the list includes Ozzfest(Sabbath reunion), Iron Maiden/Dio, Deep Purple/Dream Theater, etc. I would think that these tours would at least come to Seattle, which is a large metropolitan area with venues of all sizes. I would gladly drive to Seattle(350 miles) to see any of these shows but the closest any of them came was Las Vegas or San Francisco(I don't know which is closer).
On the flip side...a band like Blue ÷yster Cult not only played the northwest this summer, but last summer as well. I saw them four times in twelve months. They play over one hundred dates per year and included three shows in Alaska in July. Granted the venues were small clubs but they were full. If B÷C can do that in my opinion so can other bands.
I don't have any hard feelings toward any specific bands but I feelthat some of them need to realize that there are very dedicated fans that buy their product in all parts of the US.
I hope that in the future Savatage does come to the Pacific Northwest. I would really like to see them(as do many of my friends). Until then I will buy their albums and support them however I can. FnB

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]