Boston show!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Roberts on September 11, 98 at 08:44:11:

Went to the Boston show last night, and I had a great time!!!
The opener, Joe Stump, was an instrumental act, and they were pretty good. Some of the guitar lines were reminiscent of Yngwie J. Malmsteen.
Just before Savatage came on, a prerecorded Dr. Butcher song(I believe) was played to kind of pump up the crowd, "The Altar."
When the band hit the stage, the crowd went ballistic. Song after song, beginning with Hall of the Mountain King, and ending with Sirens, the band rocked Mama Kin's, and the crowd was with them the whole way. I didn't bring anything to write with so I don't have the set list in order, but they played Chance,Nothing Going On, Handful of Rain, The Wake of Magellan, The Hourglass, Gutter Ballet(which along with Sirens, Jon and Zak traded back and forth with the lyrics)a great version of Temptation Revelation by Jon and Chris Caffery,which led into Jon doing a solo of When the Crowds are Gone/Believe, Jesus Saves, Tonight He Grins Again, Turns To Me, Blackjack Guillotine, Dead Winter Dead, Taunting Cobras, and Edge of Thorns.(If there are any that I have forgotten, anyone who was there, please don't hesitate to let me know)
The band seemed to be having a pretty good time, though you could see that there were problems at times with the sound. However, even the little hiccups that were made could do nothing to evaporate the crowd's, and hey who am I kidding, my own, enthusiasm for what was definetly one of the best performances I've seen. I just hope that I don't have to go another 9 years before seeing them again like this time.
The topper of the evening was on the way out I ran into(not literally of course) Zak on his way out to the bus, and I also got the chance to talk to Jon for a few seconds. It wasn't much but I didn't think I was going to have a sitdown with them,so it was a great thing to happen.
Jon, Zak, Chris, Al, Johnny Lee, and Jeff: THANKS FOR A GREAT SHOW, AND NOW AN EVEN GREATER MEMORY. HOPE TO SEE SAVATAGE BACK IN BOSTON AS SOON AS IT'S POSSIBLE! THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

Jay Roberts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]