Re: Savatage and Me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Hollywood on September 17, 98 at 22:07:10:

In Reply to: Savatage and You posted by savawar on September 17, 98 at 17:42:14:

Excellent question, mate!

I'd have to say "Price You Pay," for these reasons:

"I know you're all alone tonight"
(Yup, that's me; I'm not anti-social, but I love my private time, where I can slip inside my mind and see what I can see...)

"And I hear your cries from the world that lies beyond these lies"
(The better part of my "conscious" existence on this earth has been one big lie after another, because people are too frigging nosey, so I just pretend to be someone I'm not so they won't know the real me)

"You've got dreams inside, they cut, I know"
(I've always been a major dreamer--still am--but most of my dreams haven't come true and they're slowly fading away, and it's tearing me up inside)

"Cut so deep but never show"
(I'm a master at pretending nothing's wrong)

"That's the price you pay"
(for being born into this world...)

"It's your soul on the line my dear"
(hmmm...not sure about this. I sometimes think of getting a machine gun, kidnapping a movie producer and making him read one of my screenplays. Would that constitute my soul as being on the line? Not even sure if those are the lyrics) :s

"As you take your bows to a silent crowd that never hears"
(Sometimes I head to the Hollywood Bowl after hours and sing like Jon for a couple of hours, and imagine people cheering and stuff at my performance--alas, nothing but phantom applause)

"Close your eye for now, and leave your rage"
(I get so pissed that so many assholes get all the breaks and their dreams come true, and nice guys like me get nothing, that I often close my eyes to try to rationalize why things like that happen. My conclusion: Life ain't fair!)

"Take my hand and walk the stage"
(waiting for that one chance for someone to take a chance on me and allow me to show what I can really do)

"There's no need to worry, 'cause you have tomorrows"
(I used to believe that when I was younger, but I have serious doubts now. Time waits for no man...)

"Another phase of life has begun"
(Yeah, but I'm still stuck in phase 1!)

And, that, my SavaFriends, is the deal with me!

NP: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King (the ultimate album!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]