Re: Savatage and You---just one?!?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jill on September 17, 98 at 23:04:02:

In Reply to: Savatage and You posted by savawar on September 17, 98 at 17:42:14:

I wouldn't be able to narrow it down to only one Savatage song. I guess I'm too complex a person for that---or maybe complex is just a nice synonym for "screwed up"?

Anyway, "If I Go Away" is probably the very closest to me. I always wondered if my life was remarkable that anyone would remember me when I'm gone, so that really fits. "Somewhere on that long lonely road, we all stand alone, looking for clues", that's one of my favorite lyrics, very fitting.

I'd also pick "Not What You See", simply for the lines "It's the dark you're hating/it's not who I am but I know that it's all you can see", because so many people misjudge me, and this song is a plea for people to look deeper and understand that there's more than just what lays on the surface. Not to be disturbing, but I'd say "Symmetry" is good self-description too, it echoes sentiments I've had in the past that have become part of my nature.

And lastly, (how's this for a strange one?), I'd choose "Edge of Midnight", this song could be almost addressed to me. "Life's not worth living if you can't have what you want"; "Beware the edge of midnight telling you your dreams; don't touch the doors of daylight, 'cause you will never be free".....those fit me, I feel like I gravitate towards dreams and darkness to escape reality, and in doing so, I can be free from the aspects of my life I hate. And my favorite phrase: "On your horizon lie a thousand broken dreams", that's perfect!

Jill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]