Re: Savatage and You

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris in Houston on September 18, 98 at 11:21:22:

In Reply to: Savatage and You posted by savawar on September 17, 98 at 17:42:14:

Great question!! I have several:

1. Edge of Thorns - My soulmate is much younger than I and the words,"A solitary dancer, so lost upon her stage. I have seen you on the edge of dawn; FELT YOU HERE (my heart) BEFORE YOU WERE BORN...". Even though the song is about breaking up, I felt her and spoke to her before she was born, and I suppose I will continue to do so after I die.

2. Believe - means to me the opposite of what it means to most. I used to dislike the fact I was so innocent growing up (not anymore!!) until I heard the lines, "...your childhood eyes were so intense, while bartering your innocence...", and the lines,"I'm holding on tight to a world gone astray as they charge me for years I can't pay..." - I suspect we have all felt like that at times.

3. Taunting Cobras - "Pull that string they gotta dance, puppets get no second chance...". Yeah, I got a REAL weakness for women; I suppose I have taunted a LOT of cobras!!

4. St. Patrick's - "...are you really there, or are you only air??". I still question the spiritual side of life continuously.

So many more, but I want to thank the three "O's" - Oliva, Oliva and O'Neill (sounds like a law firm!!) for writing so many words that I have inside me and can't always get out that make a difference. I truly love you guys and your creative genius.

Peace,
Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]