Re: Savatage and You

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dirge on September 19, 98 at 21:55:56:

In Reply to: Savatage and You posted by savawar on September 17, 98 at 17:42:14:

There are so many sides to me that it's hard to narrow it down.
If I go Away & Believe are 2 of my favorites because I can think about either one when I'm in several moods. When things are really depressing they soothe me by letting me know someone out there understands what's going on because they've gone though it themselves. I can also draw strength from them and become inspired to follow my dreams.
Also, Conversation Piece. First of all the lyrics hepled me understand a part of my life so that I was able to put some old baggage 'on the shelf' so-to-speak. And for the very begining of the guitar solo when the rythm has the driving feel and the solo comes in doing that crazy triplet thing. It sounds so chaodic at first, I always get something from that...not sure what yet, but I'll find the answer somewhere in time.
There are so many more...but I'll only allow myself one more.
I Am. When things suck and I no longer care If I'm doing the right thing, all I care about are short term escapes so I don't have to deal with Life's shit; This song calms that rebellious nerve in me so I don't go do something stupid that I'd regret. I sort-of live in the shadow of that song sometimes.
Anyway, That's enough analyzing my life for right now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]