The chemical Wedding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Hollywood on September 21, 98 at 21:12:39:

In Reply to: Dickinson (off-post) posted by Don Compton on September 21, 98 at 17:43:41:

If you go to Iced Earth's homepage, you'll find a shitload of posts about Bruce's latest. Most are positive reviews, but the one thing I failed to read before I bought it last week was that it's VERY slow music. The driving force that I loved about Accident of Birth is pretty much non-existent on this album. I agree with Gonzo about it being crushingly heavy, but I'd classify more as being pensively acid-like and lifelessly somber. The lyrics are okay, but can get annoying because the stories, the way they're musically told, are just unexciting and boring. The guitaring, however, if frigging incredible, and is by far the best that has ever been on a Dickinson release.

I really don't think you'll be too disappointed by it, but I really would expect to be blown away. Very deep and bassy and slow. I still prefer AOB of all Bruce's albums. Bruce seems to have lost a slight bit of power in his voice, since the screams and earth-shuddering sustains are kinda misplaced here.

I don't know. Guess you'll hafta just take a chance...

Hope this helps ya some.

Tom

NP: Virgin Steele - Invictus

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: