Re: ANGRA's FIREWORKS: Rules or Sucks?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Hollywood on September 22, 98 at 13:34:26:

In Reply to: Re: ANGRA's FIREWORKS: Rules or Sucks? posted by Gonzo on September 22, 98 at 07:37:37:

Well, out of the two Angra CD's I got a few months ago, I love three songs, like two songs, am annoyed/hate three songs and the rest bore me to tears...

The music/vocals are kinda like old Helloween, but the singer doesn't have the range that Kiske has, and thus ends up bordering on sounding nasal, and you can definitely hear his Brazilian accent (or some kind of accent.) The voice is so highly pitched at times that it makes me want to take a wrecking-ball to my stereo!

I would NOT call them power metal at all. It's pretty light material. The few guitar solos they do are slightly better than most you'll see, but I honestly don't see any major complexity to their words OR music. Mediocre really. Not sure why the hell I put them on my graphic image, because I really don't enjoy them anymore. Maybe Fireworks will be different, but I'm not sure I'm gonna take a chance. Think I'll wait for Stratovarius' next one...

Later.

Tom

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]