Re: "This is not your father's Savatage!!"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by rockrolf on September 23, 98 at 23:34:47:

In Reply to: "This is not your father's Savatage!!" posted by Seneca on September 23, 98 at 13:36:43:

I have got to say that when I saw Savatage there was not a lot of moshing there either. Maybe when you see a band at 12 midnight, playing at an outdoor festival it is a different story, or maybe just the German metal fans are different than here in the US, but little or no moshing at Wacken. The fans were very much into their music, lots of people and lots of noise, but no moshing. You definately do not need to mosh to enjoy a metal show, as a matter of fact I have found, and this is only my opinion, it is best sit back, yeah scream now and then, throw a hand or two in the air, but relax watch the show and enjoy the music and environment. They are not only great live musically but have great stage pressance and are a lot of fun, they interact well with the crowds and are themselves having a great time, so why mosh, stage dive, or do anything else which might deprive yourself or someone else from enjoying the show to its fullest. This was not meant to offend anyone or start a flame war just one metal fan stating an opinion. As for earplugs, I don't normally wear any but as I get older I am begining to think it might be wise to do so, my hearing has not yet begun to go but I know if I keep going to shows and playing music at above average volume levels that my hearing will go sooner than I would like, so I think anyone wearing earplugs are actually smarter than US WHO DON'T.

Rockrolf

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]