Re: "This is not your father's Savatage!!"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott B. on September 24, 98 at 06:24:27:

In Reply to: "This is not your father's Savatage!!" posted by Seneca on September 23, 98 at 13:36:43:

Moshing vs. headbanging, that is the question. I would say that Savatage is definitely NOT a moshing music. Headbanging, oh hell yes. Raise the fist of the metal child. But moshing is a different concept altogether. There were a few idiots at the St. Pete show trying to do the mosh/slam dance thing, and all it was was disruptive. Plus, the venue was so small that it basically amounted to four people something that looked like a punk square dance. But there were plenty of people with fists in the air, heads banging. I even like to see some stage diving. But the odds are, when folks start slamming into each other, someone's going to get carried away and screw up the show for everyone.

In regards to ear plugs, they are just a necessity. I've been using them for about 12 years now and wish I had started earlier. The fact is that if you buy a good pair of ear plugs specifically designed for use by people attending concerts, you will be able to hear much more with the plugs in, and not have ringing in your ears for days after the event. But I've only been going to concerts for 22 years, so what do I know?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]