Re: "This is not your father's Savatage!!"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jill on September 25, 98 at 10:09:49:

In Reply to: Re: "This is not your father's Savatage!!" posted by Gonzo on September 24, 98 at 14:32:45:

Just a note, this isn't about Savatage, but about mosh pits. I also went to a King Diamond show this year, and had a similar experience. I was second row, and as soon as the opening notes of the first song came out of the speakers, people went nuts. Within 30 seconds, I was headbutted by the guy in front of me who felt it necessary to throw his head back really violently to headbang; I got knocked to the floor; and I got slammed hard into this poor guy in front of me, I probably crushed him!

I spent all my time keeping my footing instead of watching what was probably a great show. I had somebody behind me rip off my Savatage dog chains and throw them on the floor, I had some pervert behind me caressing my butt and trying to reach between my legs even though I kept elbowing him and forecfully shoving him backward, not to mention my husband was right there too. The mosh pit was aggressive, I ended up with bruises on my head and back, and a nasty ache from getting punched/kicked in the ribs. Sounds like fun, huh?

That's why I like going to Savatage shows, headbanging without the moshing (usually). At least that way, I can enjoy the show without worrying about watching my back!

Jill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]