Re: My personal review - some comments on the run

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregorio Martín on September 29, 98 at 04:49:51:

In Reply to: My personal review posted by Thilo Roessler on September 24, 98 at 04:06:07:

I read you review, and you pointed out something very interesting which I modesly also noticed: The fact that André contributed to this album's compositive tasks not as strongly as on the previous studio releases. I think that's an interesting fact, which gives this album a different orientation. In my humble opinion, the album, as it comes, particularly trying to forget "Holy Land" as reference, is very good and solid. During the first listenings I didn't really get into some aspects related to production, like the guitar sound on some parts of the album, or songs such as "Lisbon" (which was pressed earlier as first single), and which I thought were quite simplicist, but after listening to the album extensively I think it shows Angra as a more mature band. We could talk about some circumstances concerning the recording of this album, in relation to Angel's Cry, or Holy Land (recorded isolated in a far as you probably know) etc etc or how could that effect. New producer Tsangarides has much to do with this new orientation the way I see it. "Fireworks", as it's presented, is an album worth of a deep listen. Search for the melodies, because they're there. Not as many orchestrated parts, that's true, but probably with the orientation of the material they'd written, (some of these songs, don't know exactly which, were left from Holy Land sessions), this was the best way to make it all sound cohesive and coherent. I would recommend this album to anyone who was interested in this band previously.

let's keep on discussing this album if that's fine for the moderator and people's interested

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]