IT IS DAMN SURE A SHAME!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris in Houston on September 29, 98 at 13:09:57:

In Reply to: I'm sure it could've done alot better with some promotion posted by DeeToXXX on September 29, 98 at 07:32:28:

Everyone I have intoduced to this album has bought it. It's too bad we can't get this music in front of the American music-buying public. The only chance as I see it is somehow, Savatage gets connected with TSO. I monitor the TSO message board pretty regularly and those folks can't get enough. I can't help but believe the folks that like TSO (and they are probably not metal heads!!) would still like the Zak-era Savatage. I post over there fairly frequently leaving links to this site and suggesting Savatage albums if folks like TSO.

Other than that, there are so few of us Sava-fanatics in the States (e.g., how many regular U.S. visitors are there to this site??) that even if we ALL sell 100 copies of TWOM, it won't make a hill of beans difference. Yes, I understand the pyramid theory, but I don't have the time to do Atlantic's job. I don't even know why the 'Tage tours the U.S. At the ticket prices I've seen, it has to be an economic loser. Plus, how does it feel to play MOR in Brazil (attendance 50,000?? 100,000??) and play in Ft. Myers in THEIR HOME STATE to maybe 50 people??

I'm frustrated. My $0.02.

Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]