Operation Mindcrime - Similar to Streets

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Blex on October 05, 98 at 07:38:59:

I finally got around to getting operation mindcrime from queensryche. The stories are different but there are some similiarites wish make me question the originalltiy of the streets story. Granted, it probably written by Paul O'neil but is it possible that mindcrime had any influence at all on streets? I mean look at the Mary character on mindcrime. Is it just a similiary that both DT Jesus and Mary are both almost haunting characters from the Bible...both being named the same at Jesus and the virgin mary to symbolize something? Also the song the Needle lies which deals with drugs in mindcrime, doesn't this remind you of Agony And Estacy? In fact the solo's sound the same was Chris Oliva and the writers of the song just taking Queensryche's mindcrime and twisting it up a bit?

If it's all just coincidental then it's pretty weird that all great concept albums both have similar story lines? One thing that is different is that Mindcrime ends on a sad note with Nikki in the hospital saying "I remember now", and streets ends on a high note with the best song that I've ever heard in my life Believe.

Anyways, what do you people think of this? Please refresh me if you've had discussions on this before.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]