Memories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Birdsell on October 08, 98 at 02:07:56:

This is my first post on this board but after listening to Magellan I had to post. I remember a few years back visitinga few friends is CA. We wondered what to do with the evening as it was my first trip to CA and wanted to see some live rock. We went by the Whiskey and it didn't look like anyone special was playing there. On of my college room mates said Savatage was playing a ta place called Nite Rocks in Tujunga. Gutter Ballet was a current fav. and my intro to the band so I said let's go for it! Well, I made goddam sure I was in front of the stage. There was a poor excuse of a barricade that collapsed before the show began. I remember standing next to this great blonde and my elbow kept ending up in her breast... go figure ;) but therer was a security guard that, bless his heart tried to keep the peace but was more of an annoyance than anything. Well John kept making these interesting gyrations with the mic. and drooling. You can guess what he was simulating };) and on several occasions he came to the edge ofthe stage and grabbed me by the back of the head and pulled me forehead to forehead during intense passages and sing/scream in my face. This seemed to excite the woman next to me whoes breast was impaled on my elbow/hand. It was pretty cool. At the end of the show Chris gave be a guitar pick. I hoped to get the bands's autograph but it was not to be. And no, I didn't get any more from the blonde :( I'm just glad to see the band continue and I think the latest music is some of their bst yet. Keep up the good work and come to Spoakane now!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]