Great point, but...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gonzo on October 09, 98 at 08:30:22:

In Reply to: Criss Oliva... posted by Blex on October 09, 98 at 08:16:58:

I myself have posted a message or two about Criss. But do you seriously think that just because we all miss Criss that we don't care about anything else the band have done?

Personally, I think tWoM is by far the best record they've put out since Streets. Not just in terms of production, but the songs are stronger even than the ones on DWD. And on that release, Pitrelli REALLY outdid his past with Asia, Taylor Dayne and Alice Cooper and whoever else he's been with just one "This is the Time!" Those solos are some of my favourite of all time!! The rest of the album is awesome!! And I still can't get over how well Chris Caffery proved he CAN shred with the best of them on the Dr. Butcher CD. The material on that CD is intense!! As far as Caffery goes, it was a great leap forward from Gutter Ballet, where you really can't hear his playing too well (because Criss was going berserk on his guitar!! :)) I've actually been listening to the DB CD more than the Savatage albums ever since I got it a few weeks ago.

But that doesn't change the fact that Criss - my guitar IDOL - is still gone. He had a style and personality that was all his own and we will never forget it.

Peace:

Gonzo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]