Jon Oliva and Al Pitrelli on Finger's Metalshop...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe on October 12, 98 at 07:17:15:

Jon Oliva was on Fingers Metalshop last night. This is a weekly metal radio show, which is on WBAB in Long Island on Sunday nights.

Supposedly Savatage is a great friend of the show, but I dont think Fingers treated him right. During Jon's interview, he also got a call from Bruce Dickinson, who stole the interview from Jon. Jon was surprisingly low-key, and seemed to take it all in stride. Maybe it DIDN'T upset him, but it upset me.

Anyway, Jon went on to say that they hope to be back in studio January or February to start on the next album. He claims the next album will be heavier than the last few albums, and will swing back to the old style.

Fingers also suggested that Bruce and Savatage should go out on the road together. Bruce said that he would but he already has his supporting acts. I say, maybe Bruce shoud be supporting Savatage. :) He also said that it is still a possibilty and their agents should discuss it...

During this conference call, Fingers also attempted to conference in Al Pitrelli, but was unsuccesful. He kept Al on hold for about 20 minutes until he got done with Bruce and Jon. When Al finally got on the line, he sounded upset about it, but he has a sarcastic tone to begin with, so I am not sure if he was... He claims he will be stopping in the studio sometime within the next weeks to hang out for the show.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]