Black Sabbath in Dallas (NSC)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gonzo the Silenced on October 28, 98 at 08:25:13:

Hello people. The original memeber of Sabbath (Tony, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill) did a signing session in a Blockbuster Music in the Dallas suburb of Irving. Drove over five hours to get there. We were among the first 500 or so in a group of like 3000 Sabbath and Ozzy fans.

I had brought with me a poster I bought at my university's bi-annual poster sale. A friend bought the Paranoid vinyl picture disc SPECIFICALLY for this. One guy made a fuckin BOMB with the Sabbath logo on it.

For the first hour or so of the signings, people triumphantly left the store waving around their now-signed guitars, drum heads, posters, picture discs, records, t-shirts, asses, babies... all sorts of things. So we were getting pretty excited.

We finally got to the booth and were informed that the band would now be only signing their new REUNION CD. That's it. Not even slips of paper. No glossies were provided for those who had nothing for them to sign.

When I finally got to the booth, the bouncer took my poster and the insert from my Reunion CD. He tossed the insert to Ozzy, and as I said "Hello" to Ozzy, the bouncer pretty much threw me to the other end of the booth, where drummer extraordinaire Bill Ward was sprorting his new crew cut. I barely got to wave to Geezer and Tony. After my insert was handed back to me by another bouncer, I was pushed away again.

We later found out that the only reason we were only allowed to have the new CD signed was because the jackass manager of Crapbuster Music wanted more CDs to be sold. If the guys in Sabbath had had a problem with signing things aside from the new CD, they would have signed it and nothing else. But after the first hour or so of the session, the Blockbuster bouncers refused to pass ANYTHING besides the new CD to the band.

Please let me know... does this not suck? I will never shop at Blockbuster again. (Not that I did that much anyway - their prices are RIDICULOUS!!)

- Gonzo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]