Re: TSO-bashing

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jill on October 29, 98 at 19:22:57:

In Reply to: TSO-bashing posted by Savafan on October 28, 98 at 06:51:10:

Just because someone doesn't like the new TSO for some reason or another does NOT make it "TSO-bashing". Come on, everyone here would probably agree that Paul O'Neill is a musical great. I'm not disputing that at all!

On the other hand, if there's something I don't like about a particular piece of work, I'm going to speak up and give my honest opinion. Paul does not strike me as the sort of arrogant snob who gets offended if someone offers him criticism, the sort who demands only praise.

My two cents: the music itself and the lyrics on TCA are superior to the first TSO, in my opinion, it's just the vocals that annoy me. That doesn't take anything away from Paul or his accomplishments; it doesn't even take away from the vocalists, since I still think they have great voices, just not voices suited to the songs they were on.

In any case, I think some people need to lighten up and realize that not everyone is going to agree, and that yes, there is even a place in this world for criticism of favorites! No offense to any of our sensitive readers : )

Jill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]