Bruce Dickinson (NSC)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don on October 30, 98 at 22:09:21:

Well, I finally picked up The Chemical Wedding and I can honestly say, I am not disappointed because I knew what to expect when buying it. Yes, it does bug me a little that he's left the Accident-type music but who wants to hear the same album over and over and over again anyhow. I think this album will grow on me just as Balls To Picasso did. My current faves right now are Chemical Wedding (my very fave at the moment), Killing Floor (gotta love the Satan chants) and Jerusalem. Very cool spoken word parts in between tracks- I would love to see Savatage and TSO do this instead of just having the poetry in the liner notes. As for Bruce's voice sounding strained a bit...I don't think its strained, I think its a lot more screamy for the fact that he is backed by a heavier sound now...and I think the vocals he does on Jerusalem prove that he can still sing.

Also picked up his double live CD Alive In Studio A and for a live album, its nothing special but still none-the-less its Bruce so its cool. I just wish there was a bit more unexpected twists in the live recordings. And I think Tears Of The Dragon goes over horrible with the electric guitars.

Sorry about the NSC rant...I'm trying to pick up a CD from 1998 for each week from here on out. Next up is Dream Theater's Once In A Livetime (though the pricing is kind of heavy)...15.99 for Bruce's double live CD- 22 bucks for the new DT.

Don

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]