The amazingness of this band and the shame that they're not better known

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SavaFanRob on November 07, 98 at 14:46:29:

I had heard of this band first when I read a review in Guitar magazine, a simplistic review on Dead Winter Dead, that didn't say much one way or another. However, many metal fans were talking about them, so I figured they were some metal band with overblown vocals or a 70's twang to it. One day, instead of picking up a tried and true album I knew I would like (Aerosmith's Night in the Ruts, one of Aerosmith's best), I decided to take a chance on a new band. I had little cash on me, and I found a Savatage album, titled Edge of Thorns, for 5.99, and I picked it up. My expectations weren't too high, but by the time the night was over the melodies and the emotion put into the music hooked me. So I set out to get Dead Winter Dead, which I put on my b'day list (hey I am only 17), and yesterday, in the BARGAIN BIN of a Sam Goody, there sits A Handful of Rain, for 80 measly cents. Cents, mind you. I couldn't pass that up, and I bought it, and man, it wails too! The fact that people are just tossing aside these albums means they're missing out on an emotional and theatrical sounding band that transcends categorization.

LONG LIVE SAVATAGE!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]