Sava/TSO news

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clay on November 09, 98 at 12:44:49:

I had some incorrect information a while back, so here's what's up:

News regarding the TSO in New York City the week before Christmas will be released in the next couple of weeks. This will be the only city in which the TSO will appear.

At this time, two singles from the Christmas Attic will be pushed at radio this year, depending on the station's format: "March of the Kings/Hark the Herald Angels" and "Christmas Canon."

Tapings for TSO on CNN Showbiz Today are complete. Airing should commence around Thanksgiving. The only full performance aired will most likely be "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12-24." Also recorded (likely used as snippets, i.e. as credits roll) were "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve," "A Mad Russian's Christmas," "Music Box Blues," and "The Music Box," with Paul on acoustic guitar.

Auditions for the lead vocalist for "Beethoven's Last Night," the next TSO release (non-holiday-themed), will be completed within two weeks. The four major contenders include three vocalists currently in Broadway productions, as well as one of the vocalists on "The Christmas Attic."

So what about the third and final installment of the TSO Christmas Trilogy? Probably in the year 2000.

As to the question of "Why another Savatage compilation?"... What a lot of people in major western countries, particularly America, don't realize is that most other countries have no giantic record stores. This means that it is impossible to keep entire catalogs of artists. Repackaging material in the form of new releases keeps product in stores. New releases guarantee space in stores that it would otherwise be difficult to garner in Japan, hence the ability to constantly gain new listeners. By the way, the liner notes will indeed be in both English and Japanese. The artwork that's in the post that I made a week ago is by the label (i.e., not Smith or Jerins).

Finally, about the next Savatage album. Paul leans toward a non-rock opera now, although anything can happen, he says. He aims to have it out in 1999. One possible title is "Poets and Madmen."

Clay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]