How I got started

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Savatage WWW Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan Henderson on November 13, 98 at 22:09:18:

In Reply to: Re: They are called trading trees posted by Dan Wehrstedt on November 13, 98 at 09:03:42:

I started trading about 3.5 years ago and it wasn't easy some things I did:

-spent countless $$$ buying boots from people because I had nothing adn I wanted to have stuff that others would trade for
-spent months and months of time scouring newsgroups, web searches, goldmine, metal edge for sava boots
-emailed pratically every fan of sava I could find and chatted with them to see if theyhad any boots

Believe it or not if you do infoseek searches for boot videos etc, you will still find people and stores out there that sell sava vids and who will trade you stuff for other bands (lots will)--people should not limit themselves to finding these tapes on this wwwboard

I also met other people who were just as insane as me about sava boots and they have been VERY gracious to me and me to them when I can, but this is after talking with them for a couple of years and developing trading relationships--

I mentioned a while ago, I used to dub stuff for anyone who asked and to the point where it wasn't even covering my costs because I wanted to be fair, and you know what, only a couple of people out of dozens actually appreciated it, I had people complain about quality, how long it took to do them, or they only wanted certain songs from certains shows (?--WHY?)and it REALLY turned me sour on dubbing stuff for people after I had spent so much time and money int o my collection adn couldn't even get a thank you. There are people on this wwwboard that were very thankful for what I did for them and this is not directed towards them--they know who they are...

and the others who compalined, well they can go spend $20 on a CDR from Ron Gallagher and never get it.

If you really want sava boots be patient, and put as much effort into it as I did and you will get the stuff, there are many people who ahve different shows out there from all over the world, don't get upset because someone does not have the time to tape it--or the drive

sorry for the length:)
Thanks!
Ryan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: